JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: SENIOR TECHNICAL ADVISOR
Ghana National Education Campaign Coalition (GNECC), a network of about 200 civil society organizations working in the Education sector is seeking a talented, motivated and innovative SENIOR TECHNICAL ADVISOR – SAGES PROJECT. The SAGES Project – “strengthening accountability in Ghana’s education system” is a collaborative effort aimed at enhancing primary education service delivery by instilling accountability within the Ghanaian primary education system. This activity supports the Government of Ghana, specifically the Ministry of Education and its agencies, in bolstering the enabling environment for education accountability and enhancing the performance of education system actors for effective interactions in support of education accountability. Aligned with USAID/Ghana’s five-year (2020-2025) Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS), SAGES is committed to fostering a more self-reliant Ghana that offers productive, healthy lives to all citizens. Adopting a behaviour-led approach, the initiative focuses on engaging key actors, including government, private sector, and citizens, and encouraging collective actions to address the critical issue of low service quality in Ghana’s primary education system. We are dedicated to promoting gender equality and fostering diversity in our work environment while expanding our collection of emerging talent.
The Senior Technical Advisor will be responsible for technical leadership of the program to ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated. The Senior Technical Advisor will assist in managing the technical design, management and implementation of key components of the SAGES project and ensure adherence to technical elements of the subject matter covered by this project. The Senior Technical Advisor will provide technical leadership and expertise in the development and implementation of the project to obtain relevant outcomes. The position is based in Accra and may require frequent travel to Northern parts of Ghana. The Senior Technical Advisor will report to the National Coordinator.
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Ensure technical elements of the project are in line with established policies and strategies.
- Support the drafting and editing of reports, press releases, communication products (radio scripts, flyers, posters, leaflets, booklets, position papers, etc.) and other documents as required. Demonstrated ability to convert technically complex concepts into plain language desired. JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: SENIOR TECHNICAL ADVISOR JOB PROFILE
- Lead the response to the specified deliverables, goals of grant agreements, ensuring achievements in a timely manner and in full support and compliance with USAID contract requirements.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the project technical strategies, adapting global and regional technical resources and tools as needed.
- Oversee a team of technical staff for the project and ensure content issues are generated.
- Identify technical assistance needs and training resources among project staff, partners, government counterparts and beneficiaries and coordinate technical assistance provision.
- Promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, coordination and linkages to other programs, partners and counterparts, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening of implementing partners and community-based organizations.
- Represent the project in technical meetings, conferences, and coordination platforms.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge and experience with education systems and education accountability frameworks in the education sector.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively more responsible relevant leadership and management in the field of education and knowledge in the following thematic areas: education systems, accountability frameworks, and primary education in Ghana.
- Experience working with developing countries on educational matters, especially education accountability.
- Extensive experience with project development, implementation and management (direct project management experience is preferable);
- Experience in the policy development processes associated with education and education accountability issues.
- Demonstrated strategic technical and intellectual skills in educational policies and reforms
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strategic partnerships;
- Demonstrated leadership, facilitation and coordination skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team;
- Full computer literacy.
- NGO experience; development M&E, and quality improvement experience Competencies.
- Excellent analysis skills in the areas of education policy, log frames, project baselines, and evaluations · Strong facilitation, training, and coaching skills
- Excellent people management and team leadership skills; ability to get diverse groups of people to work effectively together with vision and purpose
- Written and verbal communication in the English language
- Demonstrated leadership ability to inspire and empower others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as data analysis software and tools
- Ability to effectively work independently and outside of conventional office environments, if needed
- Excellent report-writing skills · Ability to multitask and work within deadlines
- Strong communication skills and good team player Qualifications
- A minimum of a master’s degree in Social Sciences, Education, or other disciplines relevant to education development (e.g., Education Policy, Curriculum Development, School Management).
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit your application (CV and cover letter) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Technical Advisor Application” in the subject line. Submission deadline is ON THE 8TH MAY 2023. Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. GNECC maintains a strict policy against fraud and corruption. At no point during the recruitment process do we charge fees or ask for financial details from candidates. If you encounter any requests for payment or notice any irregularities during this process, please anonymously report your concerns via SMS or WHATSAPP on: +233242336386.
GNECC is a network of about 200 civil society organizations working in the Education sector with branches in seven (7) old southern regions of the country. GNECC’s main goal is to promote quality pre-tertiary education for all children in Ghana through working with national, regional, district and community-based stakeholders. As an organization, we value diversity in perspectives and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that upholds our Core Values (https://gnecc.org/about-us/). We strongly encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and HOW TO APPLY ABOUT GNECC abilities, particularly women and young people. Join our dedicated team and help us achieve our vision of quality education for all children in Ghana.